Sailor Moon S/Sailor Chibi Moon
Chibi Moon is a very unconventional character that relies on strong mixups, good mobility, and a very good desperation.
|• Very strong mix up game: Between her sweep, instant overheads, and a great untechable throw, Chibi can put the opponent in the blender make them guess multiple times before they die
• Backdash cancel: Chibi is the only character in the game that can chain an infinite amount backdashes, making her fully invincible during this set up if not countered properly
• Luna P: Her desperation is bar none the best in the game, making some of the slower character's life hell against it and completely turning the tides of the match around with proper usage
• Unique mobility options: Her double jump and Swinging Marshmallow attack give her options in the that no one else in the cast has
|• Poor range: Basically all of her attacks suffer from very tiny limbs, causing her to be outrange by the entire cast at close combat
• Poor Guard Cancel options: If she's forced to block, most of the time she can't retaliate, with backdash away being her only viable option
• Poor damage: All of her moves do little damage, to the point that just throwing the opponent is more convenient than trying to combo strings
Speed Forward: 2.000/1F
Speed Backwards: 1.128/1F
Jump Speed: 2.000/1F
Jumping Distance: 72
|Riding Knock Clapper|
|Standing Light Punch|
|Standing Heavy Punch|
|Standing Heavy Punch (Close)|
|Standing Light Kick|
|Standing Heavy Kick|
|Crouching Light Punch|
|Crouching Heavy Punch|
|Crouching Light Kick|
|Crouching Heavy Kick|
|Jumping Light Punch (Vertical)|
|Jumping Light Punch (Moving)|
|Jumping Heavy Punch (Vertical)|
|Jumping Heavy Punch (Moving)|
|Jumping Light Kick (Vertical)|
|Jumping Light Kick (Moving)|
|Jumping Heavy Kick (Vertical)|
|Jumping Heavy Kick (Moving)|
|Swinging Marshmallow (LK)|
|Swinging Marshmallow (HK)|
|Pink Sugar Heart Attack (LP)|
|Pink Sugar Heart Attack (HP)|
|Luna P Attack|
• Annoy your opponent with Low-High-Throw mixups, crossups, and tick-throws.
• Bait bad decisions and punish accordingly, Double jump butt is good for this.
• Use Backdash to cancel slide. Use Infinite Backdash when it’s useful.
• Use lights and jumping lights to Frame trap tick throws. Chibi’s just plus and fast enough she can beat projectiles with it.
• Try not to be predictable. There’s a lot to use -- use it. All of it. If you become predictable, you will lose.
• Time out is as much a win condition as KO. Just tell your opponent you wanted to play with them longer.
• Use Chibi's mobility to it's fullest. Jumping once over fireballs keeps you from cornering yourself while also running down the clock.
• Cleverly use Luna P when able.
• In some match ups, dont be afraid to take damage on purpose just to get to Luna P faster. 40 seconds of Luna P chip adds up.
• Vs. Sailor Moon
-Can Neutral Crouch or Forward Crouch under Moon Tiara; Back Crouch causes guard state and you take chip
-Crouch under all Hearts
-Keep in mind when Moon may be charging Scream as she’s vulnerable after
-Moon’s grabs are good, you may eat one if you slide too much
-Respect Desperation; you can infinite backdash thru it if you’re cornered.
-Playing very defensively can make this MU very hard for Moon
• Vs. Sailor Mercury
-Fast girl, you can’t exactly run away -- Play good footsies
-Remember that she can only have one projectile on screen at the time.
-If she's trying to lock you down with tornados, backdash it so it's still on screen and try to use crouching light kick or crouching heavy kick to get out.
-Backdashing and blocking for a hit or two can be beneficial--either to push her far enough away that you can slide out or to make her approach for a grab as a missed grab turns into heavy punch which is easier to backdash butt punish than standing light kick
-Respect her invul options--Tornado, spinning bird kick. and desperation. Learn when you can punish them.
-Don't be in the air if Mercury has access to desperation, it really hurts to be hit by it.
-Mercury can attempt to punish Luna P wither guard canceled heavy shabon spray or with by catching a poorly spaced double jump with her tornado or desperation.
-If she throws you, pay attention to how you land as she may try to cross you up and you may need to backdash the other direction.
• Vs. Sailor Mars
-Mars backdash when cornered is one of her best ways to deal with Chibi corner mixups; react and catch her with slide.
-Snakes are pretty scary; if they’re just throwing Snakes in a rhythm, you can GC the heavy version of PSHA to trade with the next Snake; it may not be ideal, but you lower their health while getting close to Luna P.
-You can also choose to single jump over snakes on reaction to run the clock and keep yourself from being cornered. This makes the MU very annoying for the Mars player, which is a big Win for Chibi.
-Luna P is pretty good in this MU so long as you never throw it from the same place twice and you’re not readable; beware of being air thrown out of it or hit with birds or desperation snake.
-If she throws you with her HK throw, pay attention to how you land as she may try to cross you up and you may need to backdash the other direction.
• Vs. Sailor Venus
-If she's charging up ball, she's open to butt slams
-Venus at full screen has to work hard to deal with Luna P, if you throw one and she starts to thread the needle and approaching -- do something smart instead of trying for another one.
-You can crouch or slide under Crescent Beam
-You can also PSHA under Crescent Beam and trade as the two don't collide.
• Vs. Sailor Jupiter
-Jupiter is great at keeping people out of the air, but she’s pretty open to lows
-Stay on the ground; Slide and 2LK tick throws go a long way here
-Respect command grab and lariat, stay on the ground.
-You can crouch or slide under Thunder Dragon
-Don’t forget to stay on the ground.
-There's no reason to take any chip from Coconuts, just backdash thru them!
• Vs. Sailor Chibi Moon
-Chibi's Tick Throw is really good
-Baiting butts and and punishing is also really good
-Slide crosses under Chibi Backdash which can change infinite backdash or just catch people
-Backdash against Luna P if you have the life lead
• Vs. Sailor Uranus
-Luna P is pretty useless here due to air hit reversal forward dash
-Infinite backdash can bait aggressive Uranus players to eating EZ butts/throws
-If Player 1 you have access to backdash throw and throw priority. Throw Priority can lead to some nutty things like grabbing Uranus out of Forward dash or attempting to throw loop her. Throw loops are not guaranteed and the concept of how to fight Uranus as Chibi is still evolving. It's an uphill battle.
• Vs. Sailor Neptune
-DP and jLK are pretty scary to deal with; you can whiff punish DP but it takes practice
-Fireball is a joke due to her head hitbox covering her arm. If you can bait them into a fireball war, you can butt slam their arm (head) for free.
-When cornered, block low and then change to standing if it’s the overhead; or backdash forever
-Better yet, just don't get cornered.
-Respect her desperation move, it will absolutely blow you up
• Vs. Sailor Pluto
-She doesn’t have any good guard cancels either; stick to her.
-Be careful about how you approach as she has very good pokes and anti-airs; you're most likely going to slide or butt once and start going from there.
-Once you’re in, just put her thru the mix, try to avoid crossing her up unless you're going to try to keep her in the corner with throw or slide.
-Be cautious once she has desperation as it can blow you up quick
A lot of this information is out of date, so please tread with caution and cross-verify information. Roughly ordered by level of practicality/difficulty from most practical/least difficult to least practical/most difficult to perform in a match.
- Basic Chibi Moon primer by DaiAndOh
- Chibi section of Koushun's Mix-up Movie
- Chibi section of Koushun's Combo Movie 2
- Chibi butt crossup 50/50 setups by Big Zam
- Chibi Moon tutorial by OreoSpeedwagon
|Sailor Moon S|
|Sailor Chibi Moon||Sailor Jupiter||Sailor Mars|
|Sailor Mercury||Sailor Moon||Sailor Neptune|
|Sailor Pluto||Sailor Uranus||Sailor Venus|
|List of Fighting Games|
|Back to Mainpage|