Gundam Wing: Endless Duel/Mercurius
|Classification||Prototype Defensive Mobile Suit|
|Weight||7.3 metric tons|
The OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius is designated as a defensive mobile suit. Its defining feature is the 214X special Planet Defensor; a barrier that grants strike and projectile invulnerability at the cost of constant meter drain. Combine that with the ability to disperse the Defensor shield into tracking projectiles and rejump combos, and the so-called defensive suit can go on a rampage if its pilot gets the ball rolling.
Multi-hit strong projectiles, which beats Epyon's super. Regular weapon attacks travel across the screen.
|Stand Weak Punch
|Stand Strong Punch
|Stand Weak Weapon
|Stand Strong Weapon
|Crouch Weak Punch
|Crouch Strong Punch
|Crouch Weak Weapon
|Crouch Strong Weapon
|Air Weak Punch
|Air Strong Punch
|Air Weak Weapon
|Air Strong Weapon
- 2WP start
- 2WPx3 > 2SP
- 2WPx3 > 5SP
- 2WP > 5WW > 5SP > 236236X
- 2WP > 5WW(1) > 5SP > dl.623W > OTG
- 2WP > 5SP > 5SW > j.SW > j.623X > OTG
- 2WP Corner-only start
- 2WPx2 > 5WW(2) > 2WW > 5SP, 5WW > 5SW > j.SW > j.623S > OTG
- 2WPx2 > 5WW(3) > 2WW(3) > 5SP > 6BS > 2WW > BS > j.WW > j.623S > OTG
- 5WW start
- 5WW > 5SP > 6BS > 2WW > BS > j.WW > j.623X
- Boost after 2WW may only be needed midscreen.
- 5SP start
- 5SP > 6BS > 2WW > 5SW > j.SW > j.623X > OTG
- j.SP Corner-only start
- j.SP > rejump > dl.j.SP > land > 5SP > BS > j.SP > land > j.SW > j.623S > OTG
- Rejump j.SP requires a lot of delay.
- 623X start
- 623W > j.SW
- 623S > j.SP
- 623X > j.236236X
- Vulcan start
- (v.WP >) v.SP > 236236X
- (v.WP >) v.SP > 236S > 236236X
- v.WP combos to v.SP with opponent near corner.
- OTG Enders
- 2WW(2) > 236236X
- j.WW > land > j.WW
- A dash may be required in most combos for OTG to connect.
- (2WW > 5SW > 66)xN
- Performed in the corner. The trick is to buffer dash at the end frame of the s.sW where its back is facing the screen and its about to start returning to neutral.
Mercurius has great tools to annoy the opponent and play strong footsies to push them into the corner where you can really get your offense going. You are going to be using Strong Weapon a lot to poke at the opponent, using j.sW and the grounded version. Crouching Weak Weapon is also very good but you need to Block Dash cancel it to actually be safe. All of your weak weapon buttons also count as projectiles and can destroy the Opponent's projectiles, making a lot of zoning situations easier to deal with.
Mercurius' mixups aren't all too powerful but it is the only character to build meter off throws and has great OTG options with cr.wW and Super which will fully combo off of any hard knockdown. Mercurius' corner game is amazing, it's where you can force the opponent into really bad situations with your great pokes and opportunities to tick throw and where you can get all your stronger combos.
Defensor Shield is one of THE best supers in the game. While active your meter will continuously drain until empty and you are completely invincibility to all attacks except throws. Meaning that your Opponent is forced to wait for your super meter to run out or attempt to throw you. It also gives you access to the Defensor Attack which will cancel you out of the Shield Super and send the Defensor Bits attacking towards your Opponent. The only things you have to be careful of is this Super does have startup before the invincibility takes effect and that throws/throw techs will immediately end the super.
Mercurius is one of the characters who cannot use their super in the air unless you use the air super glitch. During a normal jump only (cannot be done during a vernier jump) if you input the super but with both punches it will come out in the air.
- In-game stats
- FGT: 150
- WEP: 100
- SPD: 125
- POW: 130
- ARM: 130
- AMS: Beam Gun*1 (Vulcan), Crash Shield*1, PURANEITODEiFUeNSAA*10
|Gundam Wing: Endless Duel|
|List of Fighting Games|
|Back to Mainpage|