ClayFighter Tournament Edition
From Super Fighting Wiki
|ClayFighter: Tournament Edition|
|Producer(s)||Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Jeremy Airey|
|Release Date||NA: November 15, 1993|
|Helga||Blue Suede Goo|
|Bonker||Bad Mr. Frosty|
- There are 8 different game speeds to choose from.
- Game speed mainly changes the speed of animation.
- Things like walking, falling, and jumping speed are not changed.
- The higher the game speed the easier it is to do combos.
- For example; 's is 29 frames in speed 1, while in speed 8 it's 15 frames.
- loses the ability to do standing attacks in the air after his Crouching on any setting after 4.
- 's stays the same amount of frames in all speeds.
Health And Damage Scaling
- Every character has exactly 96 health points.
- Score and damage are related. Tiny's LP gives you 500 points while that takes off 5 hit points away from the opponent. So just remove the two zeros from the end of points earned, and that will get you the damage of any move.
- When a character gets to around 24 health points, most damage will start to scale to around 50%.
- There is no limit to how many times you can be hit in the air. This makes empty jumps very unsafe.
- All specials and normals will trade. Projectiles will beat out most specials. There are certain special moves that will destroy projectiles, such as; Seltzer, Yodel, and Spin.
- Cutting Moves have an odd properties Where No matter what hits Them the trade will do 10 damage to both players even if the move used was a .
- If 2 cutting moves trade with eachother the result will be 0 damage to both players.
Hit Spark/ Combo Counter
- The Hit spark acts as a combo counter. After 9 consecutive hits, the combo counter will turn pink. It is not always accurate, especially when attacking from behind.
Attack From Behind
- Stun last longer when attacking an opponent from behind, because of the extra frames it takes a player to turn around.
Cut in Half
- Certain special moves are able to cut characters in half. While cut in half, you are not able to move or be hit.
- Certain special moves and normals are able to flatten a character. While in a flatten state, it is possible to get hit or be grabbed.
- Inconsistent across characters and pretty random.
- Characters have different recovery speeds while getting hit
- When recovers in the air, he is able to air block or do standing attacks.
- While falling, input the directional input for a special move, and do a air attack. Once you land the special move will come out.
- It's possible to store a charge special, when the game changes direction. This works best when throwing an opponent behind.
- It's possible to end moves Street Fighter style because the input buffer is large enough as Charge B,F,B + Attack or ending in D+B to charge both specials for some characters. This technique is Key for especially.
Super KOs 
- After hitting the opponent with a number of successive attacks while not getting hit yourself, will flash over the opponents head.
- 32 points of damage is needed for this to occur.
- Does not work with damage from holds or throws.
- You will lose your ability to perform a Super KO Attack after a couple of seconds, or if the opponent hits you.
Super KO Attacks
- Hitting the opponent while is flashing over their head will give your special moves a boost in strength.
- Projectiles will not get the added strength benefit of the Super KO, but the start up animation of one will. For example; Frosty can hit with his chest before his Ice Breath comes out.
- Cutting attacks and flattening attacks do not benefit from the Super KO.
- Certain attacks during Super KO are randomly unblockable from point blank range.
- Both characters will be pushed away from each other.
Throws & Holds
- These characters can't be attacked while being thrown; , . It is possible to attack them while they are getting up from a throw.
- is the only character that can hurt you while he is being thrown. His animation while being thrown is the same as his body press special, it even deals the same amount of damage as it. Only difference is it doesn't flatten you.
- When gets hit during the wake up from a throw, if he holds forward he will block the first hit. He can then hold back to only take damage from the chip of the special move. If he tries to block normally He will eat the move and take damage. This is because he wakes up backwards for a few frames after being thrown.
- Has horrible recovery after being thrown and can be re-grabbed to death by some characters including himself.
- + A hold that does more damage the longer you hold the opponent. After the hold, the opponent is launched into the air in a "defenseless state" while the player doing the hold will not be able to move for a couple of seconds. Holds are good for combos, especially on characters with no air specials.
- Only these characters can perform a hold;
- Mash and around 4-6 times during a hold to break out. After being launched it is possible to do air specials. Sometimes it is possible to break out of a hold and hit the opponent before getting launched in the air.
- The CPU will break and counter your hold.
- There is a short period where you can't move after launching an opponent in the air.
- 's hold is the easiest to break out of. It's even possible to escape from it while taking no damage.
- 's hold is the 2nd easiest to break.
- can get launched straight up after a break out.
Changes From the Original ClayFighter
- Glitch to play as N Boss removed.
- Two or more extra colors were added to each character. 3 extra colors were added for , since his Tan color was removed.
- Allowed the use of doing charge moves while holding D+B. Before, you could charge both but you had to go to either neutral or back to use your charge B+F moves.
- Default game speed is 4 instead of 1 (a very welcome change as 1 is unplayable).
- Combos of 2 or more hits are allowed. In fact, now there are even infinite combos with either linking or juggles.
- Juggling was added allowing characters to combo from throws or holds. It is also possible to continue large combos against an airborne opponent after anti-air.
- 's buzzsaw no longer bounces back against a blocking opponent.
- 's buzzsaw has the priority of most moves now instead of only losing to certain things.
- Removed 's +Kick which was a very strong move. It had a very fast startup that was unpunishable on block and decent stats. Damage:8 Chip:3 Super KO: 12
- 's backfist whip got a huge recovery nerf.
- 's air block simply does not work anymore but the move is still in the game.
- 's pie specials only apply the pushback for the physical hit instead of both that and the projectile.
- 's Big arm Does not slide forward during startup.
- 's Viking Ram got a huge Startup and general speed buff.
- For , the damage a full hold did was greatly nerfed from 60 to 21 to be in balance with the other characters. It was of course possible to mash out of the hold.
- teleports got startup and recovery time deduced by about 70%, making them near instant!
- 's Hair Slice and Hair Blade are no longer unblockable at point blank range against .
|ClayFighter Tournament Edition|
|Bad Mr. Frosty||Blob||Blue Suede Goo||Bonker|
|List of Fighting Games||ClayFighter TE Pages|
|Back to Mainpage|